I have a pretty horrible confession to make and I realized I have a mindset that I need to change.
My problem is: *Twinks annoy the crap out of me*
Here are the reasons why:
01. They're skinny and I'm not, so that makes them a bad person
02. They get offended when I say I'm not attracted to them.
03. They eat like I do, and stay the same size (the bastards).
04. They have relationship problems that equate to that of a 14 year-old girl.
05. They're rude at times, borderline crazy.
06. They're alcoholics.
07. They'll give a high five to anyone, even people they just met, then move on like nothing happened, and then try to high-five the next person they see. (high-five = sex).
08. Hollister. . .
09. American Eagle. . .
10. Monogamy is the minority.
11. Twink drama is like high school mean girl drama.
12. No bro code. . .at all.
13. Their problems are the end of the damn world. (I'm sorry your best friend, who you're secretly in love with, slept with your brother while cheating on his boyfriend at the party last night. *pats on back*)
14. Only group of 20 somethings that still chain smoke except for their fruit fly girl friends
15. They act like every time they see you it has been several years and you have to catch up even though in reality it's been 7 hours because that f-n party over at what-his-name's house lasted till 7 am.
But I read something today that speaks to something that has kept me from being close with certain individuals: small acts of bias make it harder to build genuine relationships.
The thing is I'm friends with a lot of modern-day twinks. (Modern-day implying they can be taller, not blonde). After getting to know a few of them, I realize that they're actually pretty decent people and only half (to 70%) of the things I listed were true.
So here is my apology to all the twinks I've made feel like they're a bad person: You're not a bad person, you do have thin-privilege which you should acknowledge, but outside of that, you're not completely horrible. I'm sorry if I made you feel that way.